Saturday, December 1, 2012

Flat out like a lizard drinking :))

Taking a breather today..
 Our house hold has been so busy the last few months, not a lot of crocheting was done.. Instead I have been sewing a quilt for my youngest son and his new wife... Married last week in the beautiful St Kilda Rose Gardens..


I used a Jelly Roll strips for the quilt. making them  into a square.
I found the pattern on Youtube...

Quilt after being professionally quilted. Now to trim and complete the quilt.

Pic of the pattern I chose for the quilting, Keeping in with the flowers on the material ,I thought Butterflies looked pretty good :)).

The completed Quilt :)) I enjoyed this project very much..
If you would like to make a simular quilt you can find the instructions here..missouri Quilt Co.  I love this site. so helpful so many tutorials..:))

Well there is still so much to do ... The vegie Garden is in full swing, broad beans have been harvested and in the freezer along with the peas, Chef made Cauliflower pickle... and the garlic is air drying... now I am off out to spray a little water on the plants..
Bye for now :)) and thanks for stopping by :))



2 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you for the link :)

Nettie's Blog said...

it is gorgeous and i am sure they will love it..probably wont get much use right at the moment but come those cold nights after Easter and they will be thinking of you...
love that pattern too...i have heaps of material that i want to use up ...i feel a jelly roll strip making day might be just around the corner...