Monday, May 13, 2013

What to make with left overs...

I was rumaging through my crochet squares the other day and came across the lovely rose pattern  that I had left over from a cushion and rug I made during a crochet along over at Apple Blossoms last March..

So what do you do with squares that keep piling up............... Well may be this....

Take 10, 4" squares.. join 8 together, crochet a pretty edge around, add 3 buttons and there you have it....

The beginnings of a coffee mug carrier and mug warmer. 

This is so easy to make ..


Mug warmer for your favorite Mug..

Sits nicely inside protected ..

Side view..

Closed like a paper bag and easy to carry or placed in your bag..

or ready for that cuppa, Which is what I could do with right now :))

Thanks for stopping by ....

Hugs Pat ..





6 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Pat,

What a wonderful idea,enjoy your cuppa.

Happy days.
Bev.

hooksandyarns said...

That's a nice, unique idea Pat. Love the rose squares. :)

glor said...

Ohhh, I love this. And so pretty. I love having pretty and happy around. This does it all...with a good cup of coffee!

Astri said...

What a great idea! So many things that can be made with those squares. Thanks for the link Pattas!

Tania said...

Gorgeous Pattas, love the carrier and warmer and that teapot is divine :)

xx

Faith said...

Hi Pat,
you are ever so crafty..what is it about the granny square..and then you add a flower...sheer joy..! I Say...I can always count on you to stop over and take the time for a chit chat..it is what we bloggers should be doing..otherwise we may miss out on what you & I have...friends across the pond(s)...another, I am counting it all joy..Thank you for stopping over....